Thursday, March 24, 2011

Buses and Children

So this is how my morning routine rolls...I get out of bed get dressed get lunches made then go to each child's room and rudely ruin their blissful sleep.
My goal is to get everyone up and running by 7:00 a.m. Most mornings I am met with moans and groans and then slow moving turtles with snappy little mouths. Most mornings are stressful, but one thing remains the same.
My constant race with the bus. The bus stops by 2 houses down from ours to pick up a kindergartner. It is when I hear the bus stop my heart starts to race and I go instantly into military drill. Get in the car, hurry, hurry hurry. We live in a U shape neighborhood the bus goes up the U on the left and I go on the right. I am usually able to beat it and have my kids dropped off at the stop before the bus gets there with just seconds to spare.
Today was a bit of a challenge she didn't stop at the kindergarteners home I panicked. My groove was thrown off. I almost ran the stop sign...she was already at the bus stop and picking up kids. Ugh I was waiting for cars and watching her pull away. As I turned to go to the bus stop a miracle happened. She stopped the bus (just special for my kids),..I was so so happy. Thank you kind bus driver lady! You made my day!

No comments: