Sunday, November 2, 2008

Drivers license, Shot and Hosptial OH MY

No, that's not my real drivers license. Whoever would want to display such a hideous picture. Anyway I went to Idaho to re-new my drivers license which, expired the next day. SO I figured I would leave Thursday because the kids had no school on Friday. Off we went. Drive was good. Got to my mom's house woke up on Halloween feeling YUCKY! So I went to the doctors office and found out I had a rip roaring infection Yippee! I knew I needed to take the kids around trick or treating so I asked them to give me a shot. Doesn't HE look sweet and innocent! Well let me tell you what having a male nurse is intimidating enough! Having him poke me in my fatty hip was humiliating. A few seconds after the shot of the antibiotic I felt a pain like no other all down my hip into my calf. I asked the doctor if this was normal---NO of course not! The cute little punk nurse gave my shot way too high and way too lateral which hit my nerve instead of my fat. Lucky me. The doctor gave me a motrin 1200 do they really make such stuff? I didn't care. I took it and hoped for the best. A few hours later no relief from the pain but promised the kids we would go trick-or-treating with the cousins in Idaho Falls we stood in line for an hour to go to a few decorated trailers and get tootsie rolls and bubble gum. I was a little disappointed but them reminded myself we were making memories- Smile and have fun. Next we went to Burton and the kids trunk or treated with my sisters ward. Man did they make a haul! Remember my shot is still killing me so I tell my sis to take me home. My mom shares one of her fine high power pain pills and off to sleep I go. Only the pain pill didn't work so I tossed and turned and tried to sleep. Next day Happy Birthday to drugged out pain filled me! I tried to have a good day even though I didn't feel well. My mom did a great job making my birthday great! Loved going to dinner with her and my sis. Blair's mom gave me a massage at a spa (that was the only thing that eased my hip pain) So later that night I get a call from Blair's mom, the doctor put his grandma in the hospital to run tests. She has a lot of fluid in her body and can't breath well, so as of right now we have been told it is congenital heart failure. They will run more tests. And we'll know more on Monday. So for now I'm still in Idaho. I have conceded that I am a BAD omen and am not suppose to stay in Idaho or disaster is sure to ensue!

4 comments:

The Carter Famdamily said...

ahhhh i am in idaho... can i see you? email me rigbycarters@yahoo.com. BTW i was totally at that trailer thing in Idaho Falls too

kandis said...

oh my Jenn! Are you feeling better now?! AND Happy Birthday!! I'll call you soon!

Janie said...

I'm beginning to believe you're cursed!

I swear I remembered your birthday, but we were having bookstore inventory fun. I think all in all, you would have rather been here with us.

Love to you,
Jane

hEaThEr lEe said...

hEy cUtE sTuFf iTs Heather.. I hOpe yOu fEeL bEtTeR!! aNd i cAnT wAiT fOr yOu tO gEt hOme =) i hOpE yOuR hAvInG fUn.. tElL tHe kIdS hI pLz.. I LOVE YOU AND MISS YOU!!!
TtYl,
Heather =)